With beautiful brides and elaborate wedding dresses, the guys sometimes get left out of the equation. Here are some quick tips to ensure you are not just a mere “prop” for the bride.
- A Fresh Cut is always a great confidence booster. If possible, a styled hair cut the day of your event is preferable, or at least the day before. Nothing adds class, style, and swag like well-groomed hair. If you have facial hair, go ahead and spring for the extra bucks to have it trimmed as well.
- Don’t go to your fitting too soon. If this is a formal event and requires fitting for a tuxedo or suit, don’t schedule too far out. This allows for any weight you might lose or gain. This is especially true if you are physically active or on a exercise regiment. Of course you don’t want to cut it too close and end up in a pinch for time. Trust me, it’s much easier to deal with tight pants than a stressed bride to be.
- Pretend you’re in a magazine or hip-hop video. Always try to exude confidence and certainty. Models in magazines look like a million bucks, and guys in videos act like they have a million bucks. So think about your bank balance, then add 5 zeros to it. Now think how that makes you feel and try to let that feeling show through in your photographs.
- Wear clothing that makes you feel good. Maybe you saw a sportscaster wearing a nice suit. Maybe your favorite artist had a nice outfit at an awards show. If you’re thinking, “I could definitely rock that,” then give it a try.
- Compliment your other half. Although this is rarely an issue with weddings, it can flare up in portrait sessions. You don’t wanna dress like you’re in the group Queen, if she’s dressed for tea with the queen.
Hopefully these tips will be helpful in preparing for your event. For more tips and ideas, click here to join our mailing list and get all the latest updates.